Photo Source: Serious Eats
This Vegetarian/Vegan blend of a recipe is sure to make you happy even if you think it’s absent of a meat protein fix. Portabello’s make excellent steaks on the grill and this recipe is no different. By adding peaches and guacamole to the mix with a touch of arugula, this is a summer delightfully refreshing meal.
Serves 4 – Less than 30 minutes
Unstocked Pantry: $40 – Guacamole -or- avocado, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, lime/lemon (optional – cilantro, rosemary, or thyme optional), 4 Peaches, Portabello Mushrooms, Arugula or Spinach, Salt, Pepper, Olive oil, Balsamic, Bread (optional)
Stocked Pantry: $5-$25 – Guacamole -or- avocado, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, lime/lemon (cilantro, rosemary, or thyme optional), 4 Peaches, Portabello Mushrooms, Arugula or Spinach, Bread (optional)
- Guacamole -or- Avocado, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Jalapeño, lime or lemon, cilantro, & salt.
- 4 Peaches
- 4 Portabello Steaks
- Arugula or Spinach
- Bread (optional)
1) Fire up the grill and Clean Portabello steaks with a wet paper towel to remove dirt.
2) Take Balsamic & Olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and place the portabello’s in the marinade.
3) In a separate bowl, make guacamole (if you have not purchased already made). Check pricing as it may be cheaper to find it pre-made if you are serving 4 or more. Also, cut 4 peaches into thick slices.
4) Grill Portabello’s about 4 to 5 minutes each side. Turn when it begins to release the liquid and begins to caramelize. At this time, also lay the peaches on the grill for about 4 minutes each side.
5) If you like, you can also toast the bread for about a minute each side before preparing the sandwich. Spread one side with guacamole, layer with arugula then add a portabello and peach slices. If you want, you can add additional guacamole to the other slice of bread as well.
*If you opt for no sandwich, place the bed of arugula or spinach on the plate. Lay the portabello on top, add a spoon full of the guacamole, and layer the peaches on top. You can drizzle with a bit of extra balsamic if you like.
Sandwich -or- Salad -YUM!
We have an experience coming up on Tuesday, 8/4/15. It’s our Peach Preserve Bourbon Night. We’ll learn how to preserve peaches for the winter and enjoy some great catered spicy peach chicken with quinoa salad! The night’s going to be fun and you’ll get a mason jar of Bourbon Peach Preserves to take home, but for a lifetime, you’ll know how to preserve your very own peaches at the end of summer. Feel free to bring your own Bourbon!
Standard ticket price is $55
Members after 3/31 $40
Members prior to 3/31 FREE & Tip Chef
See you there!